There's one cheat meal I can't live without: mac & cheese! The reason why I love cooking is because you can take any recipe and make it your own. I LOVE MAC & CHEESE, but dairy doesn't love me so I had to make it my own!
I didn't bake this recipe because I just wanted to enjoy this delicious plate, but you can bake it at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
I love this recipe because it's delicious AND it doesn't take long- the elbow macaroni takes the longest time to cook. I used to make this recipe every Sunday to watch Insecure, and I made this as my last cheat meal before my diet started. I look forward to enjoying this recipe this summer with BBQ eggplant. I'd love to pair this with cauliflower wings, or chick'n wings, I'll add some roasted brussels sprouts or broccoli for some nutritional value on my plate 😂.
1 cup elbow macaroni
1.5 cup almond milk
1 cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese
1 TBS minced garlic
2 TBS vegan butter
3/4 Cup Oat Flour
Trader Joe's salt, garlic, parsley
cayenne pepper (optional)
1. add minced garlic & butter to pan.
2. when garlic is brown (it takes about a minute, you don't want it to get burnt), slowly add milk.
3. add flour 1 Tbs at a time, mixing with the milk so there aren't any clumps.
4. add cheese & mix. Season with salt, garlic, parsley & black pepper to liking.
5. when macaroni is to desired softness, drain & add to cheese. combine all ingredients.
6. in a separate pan, toast bread crumbs. I added a dash or 2 of cayenne pepper, and a few cracks of the salt, garlic, parsley blend.
7. serve in a plate, add bread crumbs on top & enjoy!
What's your favorite cheat meal? let me know in the comments below.